Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (17)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Plugins

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2009-05-06 01:53
Apparently the site did an upgrade in the last couple of days. LCWO no longer works for me on Firefox or Opera because the plugin isn't available

It works ok on Explorer using the Windows media player, but nothing seems to work on Opera or FF, even though I have a quicktime plugin.

Things were working fine. Suggestions?

Posted: 2009-05-06 18:30
Replying to myself: once I installed QT, I began to have problems even with Explorer: QT took over the mp3 player plugin and shows as a rather tiny player with miserably small buttons. When I try to run a Koch lesson, focus issues make lcwo unusable: click in the text widget, click play, focus moves out of the text widget. By the time I click in the text widget again and move back to the keyboard, I've missed a couple of characters. I'm using a netbook with a rather small screen, so after reviewing results it takes about 15 clicks to get the next lesson started, which is annoying.

I solved my problem by going back to the Flash player. The audio isn't as good, however.

The navigation issue remains: what I'd like to see is after reviewing the results, there would be a button on the result page that would start the next lesson after a two second delay. I'd recommend rearranging the lesson page so it isn't be necessary to scroll down to see the text widget, and that the focus be set to the text widget after the button is pressed and the lesson page displays. Then it would be one click instead of fifteen or so.

Thanks for the useful app!
Administrator

Posted: 2009-05-06 18:32
Mh, nothing changed on the site in the last few weeks, at least nothing related to the CW player.

Just tested it with Firefox here and both the Embedded MP3 and the Flash player versions seem to work as usual.

Maybe you updated something on your system which caused these changes?

Edit: Ah, our posts overlapped. I am planning to change the layout of the lessons a bit; in fact I am planning to make the layout a bit more customizable, also with mobile devices and netbooks in mind. However I cannot say when it'll be done; my work schedule doesn't leave too much time for LCWO at the moment...

73, Fabian

Posted: 2009-05-06 18:54
Thanks. I found that if I went to 90% zoom and full screen I could avoid scrolling down when returning to the lesson page. Then clicking on the lesson play left the focus in the text widget and I could start typing without further clicks. So it's usable now.

It would be nice if there was a button on the lesson page to start a new lesson w/o review - it would clear out the text widget and start with the next lesson.

There is probably something screwed with my Opera and FF mp3 bindings, I'll look into that. When I click on the plugin slot, they can't find a suitable plugin and give up. At least Explorer has the plugin, but I don't like Explorer much.

Very useful app. Does it notice which characters I'm missing and include those more often?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $