Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (33)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: toMorse: Any text, any page, as CW with a hotkey.

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2016-10-12 15:27
I made a script that makes it easier to listen to any text from any page as morse code. Just select text and press the hotkey and the selected text will play. The settings (hotkey, WPM, volume, tone...) can be changed at the script page after you have installed it.

Listen to your favourite blogs, tweets, fanfiction as CW. Practise with any material that is written on the web.

It's called 'toMorse' and is a browser userscript.
Link:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11117-tomorse

How to install: https://greasyfork.org/en/help/installing-user-scripts

At the moment the entire selected text segment is sent to the LCWO API which means that it's limited to about maybe 1 page of text at once and big selections like that take a while to load. I might make it able to handle really long text segments later by splitting the requested text into many segments that are requested one after another sequentially as you listen to them. Then it would start instantly even for entire chapters, long blog posts or whole books. And it would stress the servers less since it would not request the whole selection unless you listen to it all and then distributed over time instead of one big burst.
Administrator

Posted: 2016-10-12 20:12
Cool stuff, I like the idea and will give it a try later.

Don't worry about stressing the server too much. If the request gets too long, it will simply refuse to serve it.

Fabian

Posted: 2016-10-13 08:19
Wow ! It works like a charm in my computer.
Suse 12.2, Chrome.
Thanks a lot, Qon.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.