Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (5)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Shorthand for writing down the letters

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2016-08-09 18:42
Can some of you share what kind of shorthand system you use to write down the letters? I mean for those of you who use pencil and paper and not keyboard. Some letters of the alphabet take too long to write and always slow me down.

Posted: 2016-08-11 17:31
same problem even on my slow speed, looking how to increase delay between letters for newbies :)

Posted: 2016-08-29 13:10
Unfortunately that is a well known problem. Above about 15 wpm you won't be able to write things down fast enough. Typing can help but the real answer is to copy in your head at least according to many YouTube cw videos I've watched. I'm somewhat dyslexic and have trouble writing things down even at 5 wpm !

Posted: 2016-09-12 19:37
look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2XzxQT2CTU
have fun es 73
hb9csa-dl4fdm

Posted: 2016-09-16 02:48
I agree with G1UUP. It seems like the faster you're able to go, the more you should be able to form words in your head. From there, just write down the importing stuff, i.e. Call, RST, weather, etc. (this is what I'm hoping for!).

Posted: 2016-10-28 15:36
Collegas, in time of lesson i need write lettes or dots and dashes?

Posted: 2016-11-13 13:50
The biggest problem is the letter E. Four strokes but just a "dit".

Posted: 2016-11-14 13:15
To increase speed I use the natural movement of the hand to draw lines from top to bottom. This illustration http://imgur.com/a/IHP3E shows the concept and does not look ideal in this paint programe, but it's more structured when written by hand on paper with proper control lines to distinguish the short dits from the long dahs. The key for speed is to use the hand's natural movement. The from-top-to-bottom movement is the movement the hand makes when sending code with a traditional key, which makes this way of shorthand even faster thanks to muscle memory. 77 .... .- ...- . .- -. .. -.-. . -.. .- -.--

Posted: 2016-11-16 00:16
Don't print letters, use your normal handwriting as you would when writng a letter to someone. Cursive (joined up writing). As the e not E. My handwriting is Victorian copper plate, well, sort of!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $