Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Character speed

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2016-07-18 05:17
I learned code (poorly) with thinking of di and dah...I still do. I'm up to a character speed of 28 at a 10 wpm rate. I am still trying to translate...I want to be able to recognize sound and use keyboard....I would prefer that I automatically press a key when hearing the sound without consciously thinking about it. How fast should I set the character speed to? I want to get to about 20 wpm speed...tnx

Posted: 2016-07-18 23:35
i would try lowering the character speed to 20 WPM and then increase the effective speed as you progress.

Posted: 2016-07-20 21:55
wrong method of learning Tim!
You end up with typing out not knowing what was sent.

Listen en write down. When you can copy, start copying short words without writing in your head and understand what is transmitted.

In that case you can reach high speeds, and you don't need anything to copy, only the sound of the code.

Posted: 2016-07-30 15:45
test:
wrong method of learning Tim!
You end up with typing out not knowing what was sent.

This is so true - I was just practicing words at 18 WPM and found that I had perfect accuracy, but unless I was looking at what I typed, I didn't know what the word was. I am going to shorten up my word length to maybe 4 characters so I can head copy it, then type the word once I have recognized it.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $