Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (6)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Audio problems

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2009-03-19 16:43
Been away from the site for a few weeks. Now, I get interrupted audio with a click at the beginning of code groups, and once in a while, it stops sudenly near the end. Running XP with Firefox
Administrator

Posted: 2009-03-19 17:51
Hi Barry,

guess you updated to the Flash Player 10, which may cause such problems (in connection with the MP3 player I currently use; working on a fix). The click at the beginning can be avoided when you set the Player option (under "Change CW settings") to Flash 10.

Not sure about the sudden stops at the end. Not experienced it myself, but I'd like to hear from other users about it (positive or negative reports welcome).

73, Fabian

Posted: 2009-03-22 16:30
Tnx, Fab. Checking that box did away with the click. I am still getting occasionally cut off at the very end - at the first dit in AR.
Barry

Posted: 2009-03-26 06:23
I am able to hear the samples of each letter, but when I pay the practice text I get no sound. Any one have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Administrator

Posted: 2009-03-27 17:40
w2up: OK, I hope this will be completely fixed when I upgrade to the latest version of the Flash media player (on the server, not the local version of each user). It's not backwards compatible to the current version, so some major code changes will be needed; that's why I am procrastinating on it now :)

rickpelton: Which browser are you using, and does this problem also occur when you try some of the other training methods (like code groups, plain text) or only with the Koch course? Can you see the player below the "Play/Pause"-button, and does anything happen (visually) with it when you press Play?

Fabian

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $