Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (21)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Writing transcription of code by hand

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2015-02-08 17:40
I find my speed is hampered by my handwriting. Is there a method to transcribing by hand? Or do I write the dit-dahs first and then transcribe. I was trying to go from hearing to alphabet transcription.
I have never seen anyone receive and transcribe.

Posted: 2015-02-08 22:15
Transcribing is usually done directly. So when you hear dit-dah-dit, you write down "R". It requires a bit of memory power, because usually when you're writing one letter, you're hearing the next.

For really high speed CW of 40 and up, people are usually proficient enough to not even write it down, only the parts they need to remember like the callsign and the name.

For high speed morse competitions people tend to develop shorthand which looks like stenography.

I'm not sure at what speed you're at, but at speeds up to 20wpm it's possible to keep up with normal handwriting.

You can also try typing, if that's faster for you.

Posted: 2016-05-28 15:08
This is the closest topic I have found to the question on my mind. Because of health issues - I cannot type except at a very slow pace. As I listen to the code I write it down with paper and pen. However, then I have no way of checking it for accuracy once the lesson is over. Can LCWO display the lesson sent in order for me to compare what I wrote with what was sent?

Posted: 2016-05-30 21:19
Do not write dots and dashes on paper. This only increases the way and hinders learning. When hearing DIDÁDI write the letter R. Do not write .-. and then translate to R. CW's song and not dots and dashes

To check the result, I think the system available even if you have not entered anything.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $