Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (29)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Feature Request: Syllable Training

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2015-01-14 15:04
Hello Fabian,

I know this one won't be very easy, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one for whom it would be a good thing to have:

I'm constantly having problems with some syllables or letter combinations and currently I don't have a really good alternative for practicing them.

For example, in word training, the words "Riese" and "Reise" sound almost alike. I'm missing something which lets me specifically train the combination "ie" and "ei". Ideally I would like to train these in two steps:

1. Learning phase: I would like to have something where I can enter two strings into two text fields(e.g. "ie" and "ei" or "iese" and "eise"), with two buttons (one beneath each text field). On mouseclick I could then listen to one or the other string, repeatedly if I want to (in a way like I can repeat a word with "." in the word training). When the two buttons were directly next to each other, I could then very quickly compare and learn the specific sound of each letter combination. The page would look like this:

INPUTFIELD1 --- INPUTFIELD2
BUTTON1 --- BUTTON2

Right now this is very tedious, I open two browser tabs with the "Text to CW" utility and enter string1 in one tab and string2 in the other tab. To compare the sound, I have to switch browser tabs, click, wait until the delay has passed which I experience in this utility, switch tabs again, etc. Between each listening a timespan of maybe 5 seconds or more passes which is far too much for a good comparison.

2. Training phase: Just like the Word training, but with two additional input fields (string1 and string2, e.g. "ei" and "ie"), which filter the word list so that only words which contain one or both strings are offered (e.g. "Wiese", "Vielleicht" or "Verein" but not "Programm"). Ideally the words would be restrictable (with a checkbox) to only string1 and string2, so that one could train a constant series of "ie" "ei" "ei" "ei" "ie" "ei" and so on.

Do you think this would be feasible?
Many thanks and best 73 -- Georg

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.