Polski Português
Română Русский
සිංහල Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online? (20)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Feature request: fixed-width font

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-09-09 20:29
A fixed width font in the text entry area would be a big help when entering code groups. I copy on paper and type into the lesson results. With the variable width font, I have to count the characters to see if I really typed five into each group.

wunder, K6WRU
[deleted]

Posted: 2014-09-09 21:24
I get 3 collumns

sent group, received group an errors.
Vertical outlined in columns.

You can chose your own font in your own browser parms?

55 Greg

Posted: 2014-09-09 21:57
Which browser do you use? E. g. Firefox uses a monospace font within text areas per default. Maybe you can set it somewhere in your browser's properties?
Another way would be to add the line
textarea {font-family:monospace;}
to the CSS file of lcwo.net.

73 Johannes, dl5jaf

Posted: 2014-09-10 19:00
I'm using Chrome. This is for the Koch Method course lessons, in the box above the "Check Result" button.

When the text is checked, it is shown in fixed width font, and you can see how useful that is.

Posted: 2014-09-11 15:27
Statistics show that a lot of starters quit early.

May be human nature, which wants result without effort, but I think there is another reason while passing through the Koch lessons with my old matured fingers.

That is that the default speed 20/10 is too high. I propose to make the default 20/5 with the advice in the "Introduction" to repeat the lessons with 12/12 after completing the course.

Posted: 2014-09-11 18:41
To be precise, add this to the text box:

style="font-family:monospace"

wunder, K6WRU

Posted: 2014-12-05 19:15
Any chance that this small bit of style will get changed?
Administrator

Posted: 2014-12-05 23:37
Done!
(Might need a force-reload to clear your browser cache.)

Fabian

Posted: 2014-12-29 06:51
Another feature request in "Change CW settings." Currently, the 'random' tone frequency option changes the frequency with every code group, and that's too much for me to adjust to. But I do want to get used to different tones, so I manually enter a new frequency before each exercise. Could you add an option that does that?

If I've just revealed myself as a hopeless newbie, say so and I'll hush up. This is a great site and I'm most grateful for its help.

Posted: 2015-01-05 10:16
Hi!
I'm adding to the last request. (It's in fact one of the points on my wishlist.)

To be precise, I'd appreciate
1) "random" tone: one tone for whole exercise ("attempt"), not for each group
2) parametrized tone range (lowest - highest)

I doubt whether tone change after each character group can serve any practical purpose. Maybe copying two (or more) different signals in parallel? :-)

Jerry A.

Posted: 2015-01-05 10:31
"I doubt whether tone change after each character group can serve any practical purpose."

Listening to answers to your call when you're causing a pile-up? Listening to many random calls on a crowded frequency? Listening to somebody calling on your radio with a broken VFO (which changes frequency every second)?

A very cool feature would be pitch changes according to a user supplied MIDI file. :-)

Posted: 2015-01-06 10:33
With the reasonable usages, I select from several different tones that are staying on their respective frequences. Yes, it's sure an advantage when I can copy them from their very beginning.

With a broken VFO, the tone can change independently of character boundaries. Which is different from the available training pattern. IMHO this case is not a too important one for a special training.

Tracking a single source with the tone changing character by character sounds a bit unnatural to me anyway.

My proposal to enable a different tone for each attempt is just for to get used to copy at different tones.
Administrator

Posted: 2015-01-06 21:45
Hello,

I think Jerry's suggestions make sense, but the current mode of changing the frequency after each group should also stay. I remember getting some direct feedback from people who were very happy with it.

So there will simply be some additional options to chose from in the CW settings. First I want to finish the changes around the new audio player though...

Fabian

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $