Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (25)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: dit making not equal in duration!?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-02-06 03:34
Hi,

I recently found that my Kenwood TS-570D had a strange problem. If I hold the dit "paddle" of my Bencher, the dit spacing is not equal!? In the string of dit, it will skip a beat sometime. I first notice this when I started to increase the speed of my keyer. At 4 wpm it was not noticeable. But when a got in the range of 12 wpm, I noticed that keying of dit was crappy. This behaviour don't show up on the 'dah' side. It's not the contact of paddle the problem because did the test by bypassing the key all together. So, this kind of weird and really annoying because when a tried to key letters like h ou v and numbers like 4,5 and 6, it will skip or shorten the sound of dih. Those anyone had this kind of problem with their build-in keyer? Thx!

Posted: 2014-02-06 19:15
You should first check if the problem only occurs while actually sending - turn the power down or use it in training mode, just to hear the sidetone. IF the problem disappears, your setup most likely suffers from HF in the shack.

Posted: 2014-02-06 22:56
Hi Andreas,

I actually tried both, listening to what a was sending thru an another receiver and also only listening the sidetone. Same thing in both cases. I also played with the full break-in vs delay and no change. I would also say the dah side do the same thing but at higher speed (> 26 wpm). :-(

Posted: 2014-02-09 14:12
Steve, I was referring to keying without actually sending, to see if the problem is related to HF. I have this problem on 80m, my (external) keyer goes bonkers if I send with more than 25W.
There is a guy on eham.net who claims that the 570 keyer has some issues and arbitrarily inserts dahs, but that's an old post and a firmware update problably corrected this problem a while ago.

Posted: 2014-02-14 21:01
Hi Andreas,

Yes, I tried keying without sending (just sidetone) and it's the same. I think I will consider building this external keyer in Arduino project that is sitting on my bench for a couple of month now and leave alone the internal keyer! Thanks for the info anyway! 73

Posted: 2014-02-15 11:21
Steve, I can recommend the K1EL keyer, cheap, reliable, assembled in 10 minutes. I use it with my Kenwood 450. 73

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.