Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (23)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: How do word and callsign scores work?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2013-07-02 16:31
How do the word and callsign training scores work? I can't figure out any sensible logic from watching them, but there must be some logic there.

Presumably speed figures. Presumably accuracy is also a part of it. What about the number of times a word or callsign is repeated?

Just wondering.

Posted: 2013-07-02 19:27
Hi Rick,

Still going strong. Very good.
As far as I know the score of a complete correct word is speed times length. Not complete correct: nothing at all.

When you want topscores go ovet to German language they need more characters then English speaking people to say the same thing.

I expect calls to be the same, but I am not so interested in calls. I did some rufzxp in the past, but copy calls is more for contesters. I don't like contesting at all, I am eager in rag chewing and my goal is that hardly anybody or nearly nobody has to go QRS in order to meet me for a conversation.

Posted: 2013-07-03 11:29
Folk tend to send their callsigns more fluently (and therefore, often, faster) than other things, and I was missing too many, and I couldn't get rufzxp to work on my system...

It'd be nice if the repeat count affected the score, I think. as getting the callsign at first go and getting it after 17 repeats are obviously different levels of proficiency. I guess a time taken component in the score would reflect repeats just as well, though. Not that the score actually matters, really. I'm much more interested simply in whether I got the call correct or not. I often miss the first sending of the next call because I'm trying to work out what I got wrong in the previous one, and why. It would be nice to have the same sort of red/green characters as the Koch tests generate.

Posted: 2021-10-12 21:18
Just did some test runs. Score is number of characters time speed (wps) for correct word only. No score for partial word. No penalty for multiple retries.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.