Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (48)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: practicing with other newbies will affect my learning?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-11-07 08:10
Hi

Will it hurt my learning if I practice sending and receiving with another newbie cw?

fernan

Posted: 2012-11-07 16:28
if thats your only training, then yes. if that is used in combination with i.e. LCWO and perhapss elmer-demo on how to make a "good fists" (aka good readable and distinguishable characters also over longer periods) - then it is not a bad idea to practise with as many other persons as possible. for a beginner it can be quite frustrating to tune in onto CW bands and find most people to be much too fast for a beginner. Therefore i am careful with giving this advise. Please note though, that there are "QRS" frequenceis (yep learn the codes too pls) i.e. around 14055 khz - in that area, at least in europe - people agree to go a bit slower, often straight keys are used. (few operators like to be sending QRQ with straight keys)

Posted: 2012-11-09 02:49
Newbie QSO's

Do the best you can with your CW transmissions. Most important is listening to the reply sounds.

If a QSO with a newbie or an accomplished operator is experinced, take note of the quality and accuracy of their transmission and compair it to your own.
KJ4WGU

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.