Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (26)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Writing is the bottleneck

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-09-17 13:18
I find that I can hear the letters up to 30wpm, but I am not able to write them down even at 15wpm (pen & paper is out of the question, and I can barely type them at 15wpm (time needed to recognize letter + I am not the greatest touch typer).

Are there any thoughts or tips of people who had the same issue?

Posted: 2012-09-19 14:12
You can only take the Koch lessons as fast as you can record what you hear. Folks who touch-type or write fast have an advantage. If the fastest you can write or type is (say) 14wpm then there's no point pushing the Koch lessons so that the effective speed (the combined effect of character and word speeds) exceeds that...

For actual use on-air you won't want to write everything down, but you will want to be able to "head copy" what you hear, turning the morse into words in your head, and only noting down the things you need (callsign, RST, references, sequence numbers, or whatever). That requires a short-term memory skill that you may also have to learn.

Posted: 2012-09-21 14:18
If you have a phone with recorder, quickly record each letter with your voice and then transcribe. maybe that will help?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.