Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (13)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: getting harder

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-07-05 20:43
I am on lesson 24 and it is getting harder. I was doing pretty good on 23 but 24 added -..-. / For some reason this really missed me up. It pushed = right out of my head. I have been at this for 3 months now. Word training is getting better. I am just starting to copy what has passed and hear the letter ahead.

Each time I add another letter it seems to put me back more than a week. This time more like 2 or 3 weeks perhaps. I have been hoping that at some point it might start getting easer. I guess just not yet.

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:08
Hi Lynn,

This was the most difficult part for me too. From here on it varied - some chars had similar impact, while others were relative easy.

And about getting easier: at my first pass of all koch lessons, I practiced typing what I heard, not writing. I found this inconvenient since it would not allow me to take a pencil and start writing what I heard on the radio. So I had a second pass at the koch lessons, writing down. Still took some effort to link the sounds to my writing, but new lessons did not mess up what I learned before.

Bottom line: it won't get worse and even better at some chars and you are already more than halfway learning all sound patterns. Stay with it!

Joep

Posted: 2012-07-06 16:25
Thank you. It is always encouraging to hear that someone else has had the same problem. You know it is not just you. I have never found this easy. It has been a struggle for me. I wish it was easy like it seems to be for others but I am not going to give up.

Thank you again for being there. I hope my scribblings do the same for someone.

Lynn

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.