Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (25)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: How to get in contact with other stations?? 26.03.2012 Hank.

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2012-03-26 11:58
Please advise how to connect with others,de Hank vk5bhh 26.03.2012
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-03-26 14:58
Quite simple,

When you are not able to build your own equipment from scratch, buy some tranceiver, connect a wire in the connector marked "antenna" and start pounding the brass with cq cq de vk5bhh k, funny call for a born Dutchman, must be a vanity call.

Or, when you may not spent any money from the misers dream xyl, go to www.hamsphere.com That server simulates a connection on the air.

Gd luck

Posted: 2012-03-26 17:17
Henk,

If you know the persons call sign, one of the best worldwide resources is to look at the site qrz.com

You must first sign in by creating an account; once completed you can type any hams call in the upper left hand corner and it will bring up their call info page.

By hovering your cursor over the email icon, it will show you their email address.

I hope this has helped and good luck with your cw.

wols
[deleted]

Posted: 2012-03-26 19:09
Wols,

Did you not wonder who posted his QSL picture overthere under VH5BHH?

Posted: 2012-03-28 03:10
vk5bhh Henk

Ham radio is the most relaxed social communications medium that exist other than the iphone which gets hacked almost every day.

I suggest that you connect up with a ham radio club in your area and get to know these folks. They will be more than happy to get you started making QSO's and get comfortable with it.

Then the magic begins. Communicating with the world is in your hands. It does not have to be expensive or very complicated (consider QRP power level equipment).

In the USA and other western countries we call a willing advisor or teacher in ham radio an "Elmer". This person is one who loves to teach and advise you in the hobby. These giving people love the hobby and look for opportunities to bring someone else into the community.

KJ4WGY

Posted: 2012-03-28 03:24
vk5bhh Henk

Pleased be advised of my previous posting call sign. I am KJ4WGU not KJ4WGY. Sorry about the typo.

KJ4WGU

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.