Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (30)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Similar Code Element Recognition

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-09-27 00:08
I am having great difficulty discerning code elements S(---) from H(----) and H from 5(-----).

I practice elements at 30/15 with Speed Practice programs and testing at 20/12.

Advice would be appreciated.

KJ4WGU

Posted: 2011-09-27 11:36
I had the same problem and created a mp3 with the three characters and played it for a full day commuting (2 hours). Thelped a lot (but still, it is not easy...)

Joep

Posted: 2011-09-27 20:18
Thanks Joep; I will give it a go.
KJ4WGU

Posted: 2011-09-29 18:47
welcome in the club guys. Have the same problem. The MP3 idea is good. I'll try it also.

Good Luck
DD0US

Posted: 2011-10-05 22:39
A few month ago, I had the same problem. For me the solution was varied exercices to avoid boredom and few breaks.

The breaks allow the brain to categorize new information and develop the reflexes.

F0CYA

PS : In a month I spend my CEPT1 licence ... I feel a mixture of joy and stress!

Posted: 2011-10-06 22:32
Reading the responses to my original request for help has been very rewarding and helpful.

I am using the LCWO program Code Groups to great advantage. Selecting S,H or H,5 then S, H, 5 in Change CW Settings and then playing Code Groups at speeds of 30/15 and 20/12 has been very productive. The MP3 suggestion is also beneficial.

Success is in sight.
73 to all
KJ4WGU

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.