Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (42)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: some questions

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-07-01 08:37
I all I have a few questions.
1. currently i can only get to 90% accuracy at effective speed setting of 5wpm my aim is to get to 15wpm. should I bump the speed or add more letters? should just keep practicing at 15wpm?

2. it feels like g4fon koch method cw trainer is slower than lcwo. Is it a good idea to train on both?
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-02 03:43
Fernan,

Just my personal opinion.
1. You are on Lesson 1 and accomplished 90% so move on to Lesson 2. (You should start your training between 15-20wpm because learning the characters at too slow of a speed is counter-productive and you start counting dots and dashes instead of learning the sound of each character.

2. Use just this excellent website until you finish Lesson 40. After that you can use different programs along with on-air practice if you are licensed.

GL OM,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-02 16:38
Fernan was proceeding to lesson 4 much too fast, he started again at lesson 1, and after that posted his question.

So Fernan, just don't proceed to the next lesson till you perfom 20/10 with 90% accuracy. Don't invent your own bended square wheel for your bike in order to climb the mountain.

That's the right way. Only when you don't reach next lesson n+1 within 100 exercises for lesson n with n an integer in the closed interval [1,39] you have a reportable problem. Not earlier.

Posted: 2011-07-02 23:55
fascinating, i did not even realize people can see which lesson i am at.

to explain my weird lesson progression. I was trying to gauge where i was before going any further. It showed me i can get through lesson 3 at the speed setting of 20/5. My target is 20/15 and after going through a few posting here going that slow was not recommended, however i did not feel that it was considered a hard set suggestion.

So i posted the question whether proceeding with 20/5 instead of 20/15 (my target) is a good idea. based on AH8DX is not a good idea so i will restart at 20/15.

thank you for the advice
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-07-03 00:28
Fernan.

Listen to that guy and do as told if you want to get better. I just started cw a year and a half ago and have used many of his suggestions and they work.

Craig, AH8DX
Administrator

Posted: 2011-07-03 07:50
fernan:
fascinating, i did not even realize people can see which lesson i am at.

The graphs generated for the statistics are visible to everyone, by directly entering the URL, e.g. http://lcwo.net/img/koch1.gif (1 is the user ID, which can be found out on the user list).

I could restrict the access to this to only the user, or delete them after logging out, but some people actually link directly to these images from their websites, so I decided not to do anything about it.

Fabian

Posted: 2011-07-04 00:56
Fabian, understood. thanks

FatherAbsinthe, Craig
Thank you for the suggestions. I will keep working on 20/10 settings.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.