Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (36)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Allow character exclusions in lessons too

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-06-20 10:09
Koch method lessons are really helpful. However, exam regulations in some countries not require knowing of punctuation symbols (.,=).
It would be nice if character set used in lessons (and morse machine) was user configurable, same way as in code groups, or at least if there was some option to exclude those symbols from being added in lessons sequence.

Thanks!

Posted: 2011-06-20 22:58
Country specific license exams is the province of that country. Amature radio communications in general belong to the world at large. Charcters such as (.,=/) etc. are part of communicating with amature operators from many countries and language bases. To be an effective operator one must reach outside of their "country specific" license rules and embrace other CW elements.

Just do whatever you have to do to get your license (if you do not have one yet). After that you have the earthly communications spectrums. Then there are satelites, moon bounce and the planet Mars is coming up. I see CW playing a big roll here due to the simplisity and clearity of CW communications.

KJ4WGU

Posted: 2011-06-21 08:09
I wont argue with you, Mike. However, I don't think that the optional use of a custom character set would bother anyone. After all it's already a part of LCWO user settings used in code groups; why not expanding its use in lessons and morsemachine too?

This might not make the CW world any better but it will help people like me who use LCWO as an exam preparation tool.

Posted: 2011-06-21 23:33
athan;
Forgive me if I went over the top on my responce to your first posting. I think, without question, LCWO is the most efficient and productive CW learning system avaliable.

I see your point in having greater personal selectivity in character sets of the lessons. When training for an exam the focus is on the exam. When the exam objectives are accomplished, the fun starts.

A combination of complete character lesson practice with on-the-air listening will get you in the game.

KJ4WGU

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.