Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (17)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: quick access to speed settings

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-05-22 13:22
Thank you Fabian for creating this helpfull page.

As experienced lcwo user know, each time a new character is being added, our success rate drops and most of us will reduce the effektive wpm setting. It would be great if they could be reached directly from the lessons page, exactly the same way as the lesson's level and duration settings.

When using this page with high latency links (e.g. from Sydney), this would be a real benefit.

Screenshot, showing the elements to change:
http://250kb.de/u/110522/j/2MswuJm2D0R5.jpg

1. use button layout as above
2.-4. use select boxes and input fields for quick edit of speed settings, 2. being used most times.

73 de Roman, HB9XOF
Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-27 04:03
Thanks for the suggestion, Roman.

This has bugged me for a while: There are actually many different speed settings for all the different training methods, but only one is saved in the account cw settings.

My plan is, on the long run, to save all the settings separately (e.g. one for the Koch trainer, one for word training, ...) and make it possible to change them directly on the respective training pages.

For improved usability, this could be done "on the fly", with JavaScript, so that the user doesn't even have to hit a "submit" button, but rather just change the settings.

Oh, if only I had a little more time! :-)

Fabian

Posted: 2011-05-27 07:56
Fabian, this would be great. Especially if the settings are kept in the profile of the user.
I use quite some different settings.

But then, keep some time for yourself to do CW as well!

Posted: 2011-06-05 20:55
Turn this page into an open source project and time won't be an issue.

(Don't forget to mask DB user and password though).

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.