Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (34)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Ebook2cw

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-04-29 16:20
Fabian,

I went to make me some mp3 files last night @ 110wpm but it is hung up and will not go beyond 100wpm. My mfj pocket tutor now is also usless since I stopped using that when I went past 80wpm which was its top speed limit.

Any help?

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2011-04-29 16:52
Try using MP3 utility allowing to increase playback speed of the file.
You may need to decrease the pitch of original file accordingly.
E.g. http://mp3-speed.en.softonic.com/

Andrey - WI2D
Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-29 18:03
Hi Craig,

do you actually mean the ebook2cw.exe program? It should do any speed, but above 80wpm or so it is a good idea to use the additional parameters "-R25 -F25" for the rise/fall time, otherwise the dits get very short with the default settings.

If you mean the translator here on the page, the 100wpm limit is pretty arbitrary. Just increased it to 150wpm :)

Fabian DJ1YFK
(currently working on a "proper" GUI for ebook2cw, by the way :)
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-04-29 19:12
Fabian,

Yes, I was talking about your .exe program. I will go in and change the parameters for the rise and fall time. I have to see why it wasn't allowing me to put speed greater than 100wpm.

Craig, AH8DX
Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-29 20:15
Ah - if you are using it with the GUI (ebook2cwgui.exe) it will actually not allow any higher speed than 100wpm in the spinner box.

To work around it, you can just enter e.g. "-w 120" in the box below the settings (Additional parameters). What's happening is that the speed parameter (-w for wpm) is passed twice to ebook2cw.exe, but the latter occurrence is what counts.

The new GUI will be a little less restrictive when it comes to speeds :)

Fabian Dj1YFK

Posted: 2011-04-29 20:39
Beyond 100 wpm? :O Right. I'll be there in the year 2075.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-04-30 02:42
That was it Fabian, tnx.

I'm in heaven now!

Craig, AH8DX
Administrator

Posted: 2011-05-08 18:50
FYI: The new GUI was just uploaded and is now available at

http://fkurz.net/ham/ebook2cw.html

On the first glance it is not much different from the previous version, but this version now reads the configuration file (ebook2cw.conf), which ebook2cw also uses, so all settings can be stored permanently.

It's written with the cross-platform library wxWidgets which means it should run on many platforms (most versions of Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS X, etc.).

Fabian DJ1YFK

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.