Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (29)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: enhanced mode of morse machine

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2011-03-30 14:19
Hi,
I just had an idea how the morse machine could probably be enhanced by a new mode. I like the morse machine very much.
Would it be possible to add a mode that sends for instance 2 or 3 characters and then waits for input of these 2 or 3 characters?

So instead of sending 1 character - wating for 1 input could morsemachine sent 2 characters and then wait for 2 inputs?

That would be an imtermediate step between classic morse machine and much more difficult 5 latter groups...

What dou you think?

Best regards
af
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-30 16:46
That would be much better than the present implementation, because you start training from the beginning buffering in your head, more than one character.

However why improving a bad idea, you better start or proceed with the sequence of lessons, and after lesson 7 also start with "words" , which you can repeat till copied. Forget about Morse Machine, it is a bad idea according to my humble opinion.

In order finally to copy Morse code comfortably you need training from the beginning listenig to a (short) stream of a limited set of characters, translate them and write them out, That are three processes with pipes between them and parallel processing in your mind.

That's the way to do it!

All kind of ideas passing the scene here can be implemented on command level with ebook2cw, matching parameters on offered speed practice exercises, or the course, and when someone is not satisfied you can easily program on your own computer a program in any high level language such as basic, C , Perl, whatsoever. When you can't program and don't want to learn it, look at the possibilities of G4FON; MorseCat and Just learn Morse programs widely spread on the internet and available free for the downloading

55 Fat

[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-31 19:10
Mni congrats Father, you are finally giving constructine advise instead of using those stupid analogies now all you have to do is stop taking advantage of little boys.

Take off that mask you are hiding behind in that other thread.

You are foolimg only yourself.

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2011-03-31 20:43
Would you please be so kind not to clutter this website with flames to other users like:

AH8DX:
Mni congrats Father, you are finally giving constructine advise instead of using those stupid analogies now all you have to do is stop taking advantage of little boys.

Take off that mask you are hiding behind in that other thread.

You are foolimg only yourself.

Craig, AH8DX

Thank you.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-31 21:27
Stop with your nonsense!

You have signed in with most of your various login's in the past couple of days BUT your callsign which I guess you are not proud of during your many, many, many years of being a ham.

By you not replying to any of my postings from this day forward to attack me, I will consider our differences resolved.

Craig, AH8DX

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.