Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (24)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Odd Scoring

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-02-27 06:12
I was just doing a lesson where I made an error. I not only made a group longer than it should hav been but I made an error in the lengthened group.

It seems that even though I transcribed the text that followed the combined groups at 100% each group was then scored as 0% because the groups did not mach up.

Yes, its not the end of the world. I'm not some super nerd who demands his correct score. However I am a programmer who is looking at the AI aspect of this. It looks like in interesting challenge to recognize a grouping error and than to subsequently realize where the grouping rejoins it. I just though I would point it out. Here are the results of that session.

Sent Group Received Group Errors
KMM KMM KMM 0
UKUKKM UKUKKM UKUKKM 0
KK KK KK 0
KU KU KU 0
MUK MUKMKUMK MUKMKUMK 5
MUKUK UM MUKU- 4
UM UMUM UMUM 2
UMUM UUK UMU- 2
UUK UMKK UM-K 2
UMKK AR UM-- 4

You can see I combined groups 5&6 and even made an error in doing so. Groups 7-10 were transcribed at 100% accuracy but the computer was looking at them as one group behind resulting in the incorrect scoring.

Making that work is going to keep me up for a few nights. ;)

Just though I would point it out. I still love this program!
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-02-27 12:25
Hummel,

An error is a miss on just the placeholder.

A levenhstein error is somewhat an error that can be corrected with ONE edit operation. So when you miss a character all the next characters are in error because the value is on the wrong place holder, one to the left. However with only one edit operation you can correct that (insert character) and hence it is one levenhstein error.

That is the idea. However, there are some software bugs still present. So don't be amazed when you have 0 errors and 1 or 2 levenhstein errors.

When you are an AI Programmer, just take the challenge!
However only AFTER finishing Koch lesson 40

I am watching your priogress.
[deleted]

Posted: 2011-03-01 02:45
:). I had to look up what a levenhstein error was. Interesting concept. After I master lesson 40 at 30wpm. I might have time to focusing on even understanding what challenges the programers face.

At least I can respect them while enjoying the software and knowing it's no easy task. Once again, that's for a great program.

Dave Hummel
KG2BX

Posted: 2011-03-09 23:17
It can be a bit strange when things have gone horribly wrong. I just scored thus:

Groups: 18 (90 characters), Errors 71 = 78.8%
Real speed: 90 characters / 73.9 seconds = 14.6 wpm / 73 cpm
Levenshtein-Errors: 24 = 26.6 %

Turned out I'd left out a space between two groups very early in the lesson, so most of the analysis was red. That one space made the difference between 25.5% errors and the reported 78.8%. In this case the Levenshtein errors figure was a better indication of the actual number of mistakes.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.