Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (27)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Christmas wish: Abbreviated numbers

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2010-12-23 13:54
Fabian,

would it be possible to include abbreviated number training - all the numbers, not just 0/1/9?

I would like to start excercising QTC (WAE is coming..) with abbreviated numbers (0..9) but can't get started.

Ideally in the code groups (Fuenfergruppen) when choosing "numbers" one could tick abbreviated numbers.

Or maybe besides the letter/number/mixed create an additional code group short numbers?

Whatever is easiest to implement.

In any case a random mix of long / short numbers would be good.

Frohes Fest & Guten Rutsch,

Gerd.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-12-23 16:31
Gerd,

When you choose QTC you get on your screen the choice for none, all or a subset of abbreviated numbers.

Yes thanks for the Guten Rutsch, whatever it may be
Administrator

Posted: 2011-01-10 21:08
A little late for xmas, but I quickly implemented abbreviated numbers for the code groups. Like with QTCs, the three choices are a) no abbreviations (default), b) 1, 9 and 0 abbreviated, and c) all numbers abbreviated.

Mixed with variable group length, the latter is a great way to torture yourself :-)

df9ts:
In any case a random mix of long / short numbers would be good.

R, that'll be added later as a 4th option.

Fabian DJ1YFK

Posted: 2011-01-10 21:38
Fabian,

thanks a lot as always!

Gerd.

Posted: 2011-01-10 22:53
Played a bit with abbreviated numbers. It helped me initially to put a small strip of paper one row above the number keys and note the associated letters ("A" above "1" etc.). With little training I removed letters (T,N,E where easy, u & V took little learning) and am now down to "B" and "D" still beeing marked on the paper.

Only thing left Now is to move up from 5WpM effective speed ;-) that I can currently barely manage ;-)

Thanks again for the effort.

Gerd.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.