Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (19)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Dutch

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-20 13:00
I am not a dutch linquistical purist,but should like some words to be changed.
"voorleggen"into "invoeren".
"invoegingen"into "commentaren"(comments)
73's Jack
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-20 13:11
Maybe even a better word for "invoegingen" could be
"reacties". (Comments on the subject)
73's
Jack

[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-20 14:39
Believe me Jack,

They don't accept suggestions from somebody that even doesn't know how to post a message without starting a new thread.

It turns out that on this forum you are the only one with this behavior. So mni congrats! It boosts my feel good feelings as welknown incident of a Moron.

Fat
Administrator

Posted: 2010-10-20 17:31
Threads spliced together.

I'll make the translator for the Dutch part of this site aware of your suggestions and we'll see what he thinks.

Fabian

Posted: 2010-10-20 18:12
Fabian,

I think this is a very good site, however the Forums are spoiled for me by the insensitive posts of users like Moron. This isn't really the place for comments like that and detracts from the whole site.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-21 04:08
Colin,

I came out of hibernation to add my two cents worth about this subject after I was scared away from this site by that same guy and another (one).

(Their) comments are so vicious that it goes beyond the just having fun theme. I beleive I even read a post where there was profanity used when commenting about a simple question a new user had. I haven't seen that poor guy that asked the innocent question, log back into this site since then. I felt so badly for him that I researched his email address and wrote him an email and apologized to the way he was treated. I think the profanity issue is one of concern because a good amount of people learning morse code are of course our youth.

You can tell though that Fabian values "freedom of speech" and I have a lot of respect for that.

With all of this said, I truly hope that Fabian retains this forum because it keeps his site very interesting.

Just started working on my cw this year; I have met many great people with tons of wisdom on this site and if it wasn't for their advice, I would not be as far as I am today. Most of my questions sounded stupid and rediculous but the most stupid question is the one that never is asked. With all of the knowledge I have received about cw, I still am curious about even more. I am looking for anything to get the slightest edge to get to the next level.

As harsh and vulgar that Moron and Number are; if you really read their posts picking apart every detail, there is positive information that can be gleamed from what they are saying. Even when I felt like I was being attacked; the reason I felt they were attacking me is because what they were saying about me was not far from the truth. And that hurts!

This is not just a good site but it is a great site and keeps getting better every day.

I'm feeling awfully tired so I'm going back into hibernation; it's going to be a very long cold winter.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-10-23 15:47
Colin G8TMV

With respect to your remarks, abt the probability distribution of figures in mixed code:

I put the Chi square test on a sufficient large set of samples mixed code produced by this website, and it turns out to be perfectly random.

So ... (I don't write here what I actually think)

Furthermore I will give you an unsollicited advice

Change your exercising to at least an effective speed of 10. You have to push your reaction time and your mental character buffer. That does hardly or not at all happen if you try to make a score of 100% with 5 wpm.

73 Fat
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-11-01 14:42
AH8DX:

there was profanity used

Oh boy terrific. Which God was insulted? Zeus is the worst one.

AH8DX:

but the most stupid question is the one that never is asked.

Are we lucky . We did not have to read the most stupid one, but thats only ONE question, all the others, a little bit less stupid than the most stupid one, are passing by.

AH8DX:

vulgar that Moron and Number are

Is that me "Number" ? If yes, in that case I conclude you are insulting me.
At this website your identification is a number, all of us. Hence you too, you are the "number"

gd luck
dr P. Faust

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.