Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (33)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Excercise & Peak Performances!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-13 19:04
In keeping track of my attempts, I noticed that when I went jogging or did other exercise in the morning that when I sat down to make a callsign run that I had peak performances on those occasions.

So, I asked myself why?

Could it be because of the extra oxygen that was flowing to the brain after those jogs?

I wondered to myself if I breathed extra oxygen while doing my callsign runs if it would help instead of going for a jog?

So, I ordered myself a two week supply of canned oxygen to breath before I made my runs. I did this daily for two weeks while I did 10 attempts daily.

My findings were AMAZING!

...nothing (NO NEW HIGHS).

My only high's came from me breathing canned oxygen for two weeks and feeling light headed.

Craig, AH8DX

Posted: 2010-09-13 19:49
You get the same oxygen high by breathing too deeply and quickly many times in a row. Maybe it's not the oxygen alone, but also physical exercise that increases blood flow in the brain and hormones for the battle (code listening).
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 00:53
Time between top performance (personal bests) doubles each time, when there is no progress.

They are reached when you are really exhausted and completely unexpected. Furthermore in the top speed range the calls have (luck) to be short and relative easy to copy. Your next best will be in December.

You tried canned oxygen , hence you believe in crooks, so you believe me, right?

GL

[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 01:33
December?

Are you kidding me?

I'm better than that; if you practice as intensely as I do every day, amazing things take place. Just because I have not submitted a new best doesn't mean that I don't have one. I'm saving some juicy scores for a rainy day. 90wpm is in sight!

I thought you had an SK appendage after your User Name?

Did you come back to life?

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 01:54
Oops lost SK
Name is invalid after the last website update.
Real name ist dr Panzer Faust

Well I smelled a victim for my instant high performance chemicals shop. The smell of prospects stimulates a revival.

No don't lie. Has no sense. December is the time then the stars line up for you.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 02:15
Frankly, I think it's best to not get personal and to keep these threads positive.

I do like the attention you are giving me though.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:58
Right,
I bring you a positive msg, didn't I?
December a next personal best, that is positive.

When you reach the range of 250 cpm an other detection mechanism has to be build in your mind.
It are no longer the time patterns of characters that you detected up to now, but the frequency patterns of the characters that lead to recognition in that case.

250 is not a precise number, deviates from person to person, it is an average. You can recognise it when you are missing double characters such as aa or ng and detect them as a and g. Repeated play does not help, you simply dont hear them.

55 30
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 14:19
rrr solid cpi
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-09-14 20:30
fixed?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.