Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (26)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: CLEAN YOUR EARS OUT OM!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-18 22:09
As I lay here in my bed recovering from lower back pain because I lifted too much this week; I was going back through my notes and noticed that I can probably help everyone increase their speed by at least 1 or 2 wpm overnight.

My tip of the day is to "Clean Your Ears Out" and you do not have to go to your local doctor to get it done.

I purchased an over the counter kit for about us$18 called MURINE for EAR Wax Removal System. It comes with a little formula and ear washer. You simply squirt a little ear formula in there to loosen the wax and then put some warm water in the ear washer and squirt warm water in there.

You would be amazed how much crap comes out of your ears. I now make it a practice to do it often.

Secondly, turn your volume down on your headphones. Let your ears do the work for you. Your ears will really get used to working hard and listen very intently.

Turn your volume down on your television when watching it. You also do not need to have it so loud. Let your ears intently work to hear the television at a low volume. By doing this, you will help yourself by listening more intently when copying cw also.

That's my tip of the day.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-19 00:18
Forget abt that OM,

Was the first kit for free? You are victim of the health criminals.

When you start with that habit you have to continue. You are stimulating the grow of what you remove and what ought to be there.

So you better stop that.

Lower frequencies have no problem passing your homemade sandwich spread. When you are victim of the commercial kitseller you will notice that your high frequency hearing is improved, Urinating in the mens room sounds like jingle bells.

Concerning the loudness of CW, keep the volume low, coz hi speed CW is difficult to copy with
loud volume, because the membrane in your ears and the attached mechanical bone parts are reverberating.

Ur Throat Nose and Ear MD, also after a long long study the proud owner of a technician license.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-19 01:58
Well, I don't know what to say but it's been working for me but I will let the cleaning go for awhile and grow some more sandwich spread and see if I get faster.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-19 12:07
According to my Elmer it is impossible to prove that your speed increased 1 wpm overnight.
(At least 1 or 2 is at least 1 he said, he teaches math, so...)

Your speed can only be determined as a long term average with daily even hourly pretty large deviation on it. Hence it is impossible to determine the truth of your statement. That is what he said.

MURINE is for sure an abbreviation of Monkey URINE
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-19 16:27
Hey, if putting URINE in my ears helped me increase my speed; I would probably do it!

BTW, I used to have an ELMER but he took a "hiatis" on me, so I am still trying to figure out mistakes that I am making.

Have a great week,

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-04-19 19:22
I cleaned my ears out yesterday and had a big jump in my speed today. probably from all of that practicing I've been doing though instead of dirty ears.

Anyway, I have to keep focused and stop making comments here and "horsing around".

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-18 01:51
As promissed I looked in the most recent topscore list.

16660 243, nothing changed since last week.

BTW did you regret writing to me, the statement of being a moron and that in your opinion I should be dangerous when I should have brains? Furthermore that I should get a life, whatever that may be in your opinion?

I noticed that you erased that. Do you also deny now, that you wrote that?

You can change your call on this website, because your basic identification is a sequence number.

So it has no use to open a new account as NU2E
with the avatar picture of a little boy talking in a coaldust mike. Making 3 exercises 41 wpm that is different in comparison with the advertised 62 wpm, or do I see that wrong?

When you realy want to make a highscore with one callsign, just keep trying W1OO. it is in the database and put the speed at the max value available. You get over 200000 points when you hit that call, and you are with that one call in the top scores. Submit it and the obviously desired eternal honour is your part.

Probably this is a good tip for your new private group,
Another tip may be, when you miss a long call. just to stop, proceed after a quarter of an hour with f6, you make a better total score, due to the intermediate pause.
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-18 02:52
Like I said: Clean Your Ears Out OM, and listen to what people are telling you.

They are telling you that you are raising "havoc" on this website because you are angry. You are angry because you are having a difficult time in learning the code.

I understand, I just started January 6th and have made great progress. One day I can have a peak preformance and hit 62wpm, thye next day I can barely copy 40wpm. I don't understand it myself but I continue to keep working hard.

Posted: 2010-05-18 03:41

Don't respond to that guy anymore, eventually he will just go away
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-18 15:05
First of all you did not answer my question: do you deny that you wrote that I am a moron, which would be dangerous if having brains,

secondly:

You boosted about another personal high that should be published on RUFZXP last monday, I notice that is another false statement.

Thirdly:
What people that are so willingness not to be able doing more that 2 lessons Koch in 2 year period think about me doesn't interest me at all. They can understand, without writing my opinion about them, what that opinion is.

Furthermore, I have no problems with morse, as you suggest, I copied 31 wpm call signs, words and proverbs on this web site, just when I started less than a month ago.

In the meantime you can watch my progress: not doing callsigns and words, but proverbs, now on 41 wpm, the same speed as you do after 3 months.
It are often long sentences, I have to remember them because I can't jot them down on paper that fast. I could just stop my activities here, it has no sense to copy morse any faster because the population of hams that communicate faster is neglectable.

At last I will emphasize that is has no sense otherwise than advertising yourself, starting an exercise with 62 wpm, making one callsign, when not OK start over again, untill you have that first callsign correct, and then announcing loudly that your topspeed is 62 wpm.

Your topspeed is actually when you start low and by copying with no errors increase that speed during an exercise till you reached your top. Not the reverse way. That is what you are doing by that number 62. You show by doing that an obviously undesired view in your inner mental world by handling as such.

Good to know for you that people withhout a brain (in your opinion) already notice that. So don't make others laugh about your behavior.

(Next tip for your empty private group) Why not give admission to mr Test, he is on your hand, as I see here immedialtly above this posting.

I handed you the idea of putting your rufzxp speed at 4018 cpm, and ten trying by guessing a call to succeed, just the same procedure as you perform here. Then you get over 200000 points when you guess the first callsign correct and you are in the toplist between the big guns, that is what you like.

A senseless behavior.

Look at you family, the boy with the coaldust mike I suppose, you better spent your time according to their wellness than exercising like mad trying to push throug your ceiling that nature puts above your head.

You got already a severe warning, that your body did give you. So show mental health before it is too late and stop hunting after this senseless goal.

[deleted]

Posted: 2010-05-18 22:03
That's a picture of my little son, I love him dearly.

You can attack me all that you want because I am a man and can take it but now that you have attacked my little son, you have crossed over the line.

I'm done with you and will not lower myself to your level.

73 es SK

Posted: 2010-05-19 17:25
Hey, Look here "a man" his speed was lowered to 23 wpm after reading the post of dr Faust!

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.