Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (18)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: FRUSTRATED!

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-10 17:11
Trying to increase my cw speed reminds me of this girl I use to date, FRUSTRATED!

Some days I just can not seem to copy no matter how many hours each day I work on it. Cranked my practices up to 47wpm yesterday and I was able to pull calls out. Even cranked it up to 50wpm and got AA0IF, plain as day but today it's a different story. I'm making mistaked at 37wpm.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-10 22:26
Don't cry, as being back on tipping 44
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-12 02:05
Digibeet,

BINGO! After reading your post, I understood that I may have been pushing too hard and expecting an increase in speed in too short of time.

In order to straighten my brain out, I copied call signs at a speed I am very comfortable with (38wpm) and had more than a 90 percent success rate. I did this for 2 hours straight and half way throught it, something clicked. I went over to Rufz to test myself and sure enough I was in a zone again.

I came back to LCWO and did another personal best moving me up 6 spots.

Just when you think all hope is gone, encouragement comes from friends that are so interested in seeing someone that is working hard; being successful.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-12 02:08
Digibeet,

I wish you would have left your original post to me. It has some useful analytical info in your post concerning mistakes that I made in regards to biting off too much.

I meant to go back and re-read it so I won't let it happen again. I try to learn from my mistakes.

Your post appears to have gone to HST Heaven.

Craig, AH8DX
[deleted]

Posted: 2010-02-12 12:47
Sri,

I realised that it could be interpreted as a less friendly text for a lot of people the website is installed for by the owner dj1yfk. I noticed you personally read it short after publication, and hence I decided to erase it.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.