[LCWO LOGO] Click to switch to a secure connection (https).  

Login

User name:
Password:

Language
Български Português brasileiro
Bosanski Català
繁體中文 Česky
Deutsch English
Español Suomi
Français Ελληνικά
Hrvatski Magyar
Italiano 日本語
Bahasa Melayu Nederlands
Norsk Polski
Português Română
Русский Slovenščina
Srpski Svenska
ภาษาไทย Türkçe
Українська 简体中文

Who is online?

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Witch speed to start as a newbie?

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2017-04-11 16:53
I read that 20 wpm is a bit slow in order to evolve quicker to go to 40 or 60 wpm. I read 30 wpm should be better. What do you think ? Please give arguments/experience.

Posted: 2017-04-12 08:47
A high speed CW guy in our local radio club taught us CW.

He started at 6 wpm for the first few lessons, then used 12 wpm for most of the course, ending at 17 wpm.

All of us learned CW within 9 months, 1 training session per week. Usually we were too lazy to train in between weekly sessions.

This was 1979.

Not sure why to start at 30 wpm. The argument seems to be that high speeds prevent counting dots. I can count dots at 50 wpm and yet I don´t do it..

Why not try and pick a speed that you can handle, and that you are comfortable with, no matter what others say?

GL

Gerd.

Posted: 2017-04-14 15:38
Thanks. I will try lower speed because I stump already on 3rd letter! And of course my problem is certainly I try to count dots and dits while decoding. At least I want to understand cw at slow speed, otherwise I will abandon quickly.

Posted: 2017-04-15 00:03
I don´t think counting dots is a problem in the beginning.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.

$Id: forum.php 62 2015-01-12 17:34:44Z fabian $