Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (38)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Important Announcement

Back to the Forum

AuthorText
Administrator

Posted: 2009-04-01 07:57
Dear LCWO users,

the latest news bulletin from the ITU (International Telecommunication Union) certainly took me by surprise. I knew that sooner or later it was inevitable, but I had hoped that it'd be another decade or two before this decision would be made.

As of April 1st 2009, Morse code is officially no longer allowed on any frequencies governed by the ITU (DC to over 9000 GHz). Furthermore, knowledge of Morse code is now sanctioned by the loss of all operating privileges on the shortwave bands until satisfactory proof has been provided that the licensee is no longer capable of using Morse code to conduct QSOs.

To assist as many radio amateurs as possible in these difficult times, I have developed two new websites which I hereby would like to introduce to you:

http://fcwo.net/ - Forget CW Online. This site offers a comprehensive therapy for those impaired by the knowledge of CW. In only 40 lessons by the internationally acknowledged Kurz-Method, you will get rid of any detectable level of skill in Morse code, permanently. Typically, this method works within seconds or minutes, only in severe cases of telegraphitis it'll take several hours. It works. Full money-back guarantee!

and

http://www.lpsk31o.com/ - Learn PSK31 Online. Self explanatory. This site teaches you the Art & Skill of Phaseshifting. From the lunar phases to the oedipal phase, nothing is left out in the 40 lessons of this well thought out course. A must for anyone who has a serious interest in amateur radio after April 1st 2009. Don't miss this unique opportunity, be part of the future of Ham radio. Sign up on LPSK31O!

This website (LCWO) will be shut down at some point during this historical day. Thanks to my faithful users for all the support and feedback. I hope you'll understand the necessity of the changes and I'm looking forward to see you on FCWO and LPSK31O!

Yours faithfully,
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK, Founder of LCWO
April 1st 2009

Posted: 2009-04-01 17:23
:)

Posted: 2009-04-01 17:54
hi fabian,

what a desaster!!!

i planned a cw-only-expedition with my
special-call LC0WO/AP1 for today.
many tnx for the info, you saved me from prison :-)

vy73 fritz dl4fdm,hb9csa

Posted: 2009-04-04 10:09
Being American, after reading this notice I will hereby boycott *any* frequency governed or recognized by the ITU!

:) :) :) hihihi

On a related topic, can anyone here provide me with information on keying an X-Ray machine?

Danny, KK4E/6

Posted: 2009-04-16 07:02
That looks like a April fools joke to me.(I know I'm 2 weeks late. But, hey I just signed up to site.)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.