Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (37)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Advice re: Speed Practice

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-12-10 02:20
After successfully completing the basic 40 lessons, I want to work on building my speed. So the question I have is, should I go thru all the topics under "Speed Practice" at one speed, then cycle back thru them again at higher speeds, and keep repeating the cycle until I get the speed up? Or is there a better approach I should be taking, like holding off on some of these topics and concentrating on others until I have more speed?

Thanks,
Pete
Administrator

Posted: 2014-12-10 08:17
Hi Pete,

first of all, congratulations on making it through all lessons!

My advice would be to continue with Callsign and Word training. Both will gradually improve your speed because they increase the speed once you copied a word/call correctly, and decrease it on an error. Therefore you'll always be close to your limit, and you'll quickly find that your personal limit will rise quickly.

Another advice: If you have any chance to do so, get on the air as quickly as possible. In my view there's nothing more effective and most importantly fun as on-air practice. If you're not confident with your skills yet, try making skeds with a partner who knows that you're a beginner, to avoid frustrating experiences.

Fabian

Posted: 2014-12-12 20:33

Fabian, when would you recommend code groups training?
Administrator

Posted: 2014-12-13 19:45
I suppose that it helps to some degree with getting the general speed up, but if your goal is to operate on the air, I guess I wouldn't recommend using the code group training at all and mainly use word and call training, with some plain text for good measure.

Fabian

Posted: 2014-12-15 18:02
Hello Pete,

I need to get up to speed also.
setup a sked??

73 Johan

Posted: 2014-12-17 01:32
Hi Johan,

Yes, maybe after the holidays? I will be putting up some antenna's between Christmas and New Years (20 and 15 meters). Are you on those bands?

73, Pete

Posted: 2014-12-17 12:26
Hello Pete,

Yes I am available on 15 and 20meters. You can contact me directly on pa3jem@xs4all.nl
I am looking forward to this, good start of 2015 Pete.

Nice holidays, good luck with the antenna's and hope to hear you soon.

73 de PA3JEM
Johan

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.