Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (28)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Slight Mod for Word Training

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-09-09 02:46
Word training is fun, but could use a bit of tuning (IMHO). When you type '.' to restart or repeat a word, the character field should clear any existing characters.

Also the start-up of a word is a tad fast - you almost don't have time to get back to the keyboard after clicking the start button.

=Alan R.

Posted: 2014-09-09 09:14
Alan,

The purpose of Word training is, copy the whole word first and after that start typing.

So when you are not sure and type a '.' for repetition, you field for entry is still blank.

Posted: 2014-09-09 12:12
When hearing new words, I often type them in and then listen to them multiple times with the '.' (dot) while looking at the written word on screen. This would not be possible if the dot clears the field.

To get myself into the rhythm of the code which will be sent when pressing the dot, I absolutely rely on the sound starting *immediately*. Sometimes my browser has problems, and then I experience a delay after pressing the dot. Whenever that happens, I restart my browser, and if need be I even go as far as rebooting my operating system.

Therefore, should Alan's suggestions ever be implemented, *please* make them optional and not a must! In other words, I think it's perfect the way it currently is.

73 -- Georg

Posted: 2014-09-09 14:18
Harrzack

DL1YZ is right.

When you try to decode a word in your head, it will during a learning period require repetitions.
When you know finally what the word is it is easy to repeat it, and hear that it matches your proposal.

Don't type anything in when you are not sure.
Repeat with the dot '.' till you are sure.

AFTER that you think you are sure you type it in

Start with short words, containing the characters you master, when you decode them increase the wordlength. Keep the speed constant. That's the way to do it.

You will be a great telegrapher, hope to make sometime a QSO with you. But nature doesn't allow me much time, I am sure.

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.