Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (35)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: Lessons and spaces between groups

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-07-06 17:34
I've been making progress with the Koch lessons but have constantly been having problems with groups, actually the spaces or blanks between the groups. Since the lessons send random characters it is very difficult if not impossible to figure out where a missing space should go after completing the text. This is required when the error message indicates that a "different num b er of grou ps" (to illustrate) have been sent. Therefore, I just guess, get it wrong and my scoring is messed up.

Can we have an option to score spaces as just another miss, without first requiring correction?
I believe the plain text training works in this way already and seems to work well.
Thanks I n advance for considering my idea.

Posted: 2014-07-11 23:29
I am stil having great dfficulty with spaces between groups. One mistake on a space and I don't get a score for the lesson. Any ideas?

Posted: 2014-07-12 20:20
I use the fixed code groups a lot when I practice. I copy by hand not keyboard. When (not if) I miss a letter I leave a space on the paper. When I type my results in to the computer I use a semi-colon in place of anything I missed to make the right number of symbols in each group. This is assuming you're using fixed length groups.

Posted: 2014-07-12 22:34
I get into space problems sometimes, too--especially when my copy is falling apart. You can manually over-ride the scoring by going back to the previous page, finding the error, correcting the error, and then restoring the test.

Posted: 2014-07-12 22:35
meant to say "rescoring"--not "restoring".

Posted: 2014-07-21 21:55
Unfortunately I am not very good at guessing where I made the mistake. The only think I can do is replay the lesson over and over again. I'm now on my 5th replay of one lesson Arrrgh!

Posted: 2014-07-22 14:04
Jdwaverly:
Unfortunately I am not very good at guessing where I made the mistake. The only think I can do is replay the lesson over and over again. I'm now on my 5th replay of one lesson Arrrgh!

An average will be close to 50 to 70 exercises for one lesson.

You obviously passed the time that you did Morse code right out of the womb, by saying dahdah dahdahdah dahdah to your mom.

Furthermore: What is the sense of using a keyboard to type the code, in general you don't have a keyboard available when you hear accidentally Morse code. (birds, doors, car-horns, a field day, visiting another ham)

So copy by a pencil during learning all characters and after that period in your head. Only one out of ten exercises typing over from your paper in the keyboard in order to get a score will suffice. It is written here often in the past. But right, it is easier to ask.

Suppose somebody is talking to you and you have first to print it out or write it out in order to understand it, you should have a hard life, shouldn't you?

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.