Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (38)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: mouse keyer

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2014-02-17 16:16
I saw on the internet a site, where they showed how to make a mouse keyer from an old computer mouse.
I wander if it is also possible to make a mouse keyer from a wireless mouse?
If anyone has an idea how to make a mouse keyer from a wireless mouse, please let me know.

Posted: 2014-02-17 19:35
Unless we talk about a touch pad or touch mouse button; the mouse's left button is a micro contact.The only way is to open the mouse and identify a place on the traces leading to the micro contact where you comfortably can solder two wires. These two wires should then be connected with your straight key or other mechanical device.
If you have enough place inside the mouse, attach a 3,5mm connector(female) to the mouse's shell so that you can plug your key into it when needed but use the mouse as usual otherwise.
If you want to connect to a keyer, there is another story
Please take this as a generic advice; no warranty implied! Wish you success, relaying on luck is not an option :)

Posted: 2014-02-17 22:56
This mouse has 2 touch buttons, plus the inner of the mouse is slightly different than a normal mouse.
There are more electronical parts on the board.
I know wich are the micro contacts, but someone told me that you have to make sure that both contacts are disconnected from the rest of the parts on the board, by scratching the copper tracks, because you only use both of the switches., not the rest of the circuit.
The problem is that i don't know wich ones of the tracks i need to scratch. Offcourse i can sratch all of them, but maybe that is not required.
It is a Trust wireless mouse, with two touch buttons.

Posted: 2014-02-18 16:48

There must be some misunderstanding.
You will need that all functions of the mouse remain untouched, this means no scratching! How could you reach the spot on the screen meant for keying, without the other functions?
You want to do nothing else but to have a key parallel with that left microcontact for the good reason that with the mouse , keying is awkward.
Again, the mouse buttons should be hardware type(microcontact inside), not touch-pad with capacitive sensors.

Posted: 2014-02-19 16:59
@yo5crr, i think that we both misunderstand eacother :)
What i want to do is that i want to use the mouse for my Yeasu Ft-817 as cw keyer.
To make sure that there will be no dammage to the radio, or other unwanted things, they advise to scratch the copper tracks wich are linked to the positive side of the micro switches.
Only the two negative sides of the two micro chips will be used.
I just have to solder a two-wire cable at the positive side of the switches, plus on the other side of the cable a 3,5 mm jack plug.
And then i should be able to use the mouse as a cw keyer with my ft-817.

Posted: 2014-02-19 19:50
Sorry, you're right! From your first post, I somehow understood that you want to connect a key to the computer in order to practice transmitting on the LCWO. :) Again, sorry for making this a long story
I can't help further on your attempt, never tried that. Wish you succcess

Posted: 2014-02-19 20:48
It's oke yo5crr, mistakes can happen :)

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.