Português Română
Русский සිංහල
Slovenščina Srpski
Svenska ภาษาไทย
Türkçe Українська
简体中文
Who is online? (35)

LCWO Discussion Forum [Atom LCWO Forum Feed]

This is a simple discussion forum for LCWO users. Feel free to use it for any kind of discussion related to this website.

Thread: phew, I'm probably stupid

Back to the Forum

AuthorText

Posted: 2009-02-16 14:51
I was trying to learn morse for quite a few time for last 20 years. 20 years ago I studied in military courses without success, then I found Koch method, and tried it a few times. Now I'm in the best score - lesson 6 out of 40 =( This time I studied for two months now, and I'm stack on lesson 6. I think there are people who are just not gifted enough to learn this.
Administrator

Posted: 2009-02-17 17:21
Hi Yury,

I think everyone can learn CW, and in your case I guess there is not a lack of motivation. Maybe the Koch method just doesn't work for you? It is probably the best way of learning Morse code with a computer, when you are on your own.

Some people claim, learning CW can be done very efficiently with instant feedback of a teacher, and completely without pen and paper (or typing the received text at all). And by going to head-copy as quickly as possible, starting with the most common letters to be able to form some words very quickly. If you are fortunate enough to know some local radio amateurs, maybe you should try to find a mentor who can give you some CW lessons that way.

Anyway, don't give it up :)

73, Fabian

Posted: 2009-02-23 16:33
Thank you for encouragement Fabian,

Lack of motivation is there indeed, but you know what? I think the other problem is that I was too worried about doing lessons perfectly. If I wouldnt get one lesson for longer than 5 days, I would start to worry about it so much that I started to make even more mistakes. I tried to calm myself recently, by saying that my life is not dependent on these lessons, and I did three lessons during one day. However, I believe this was exception, there will still be some long distances ahead.

Posted: 2009-03-01 11:00
Hi Yury, and others of course,
I am on similar situation as u. I was trying learn CW several times. Now i am learning here - thanks Fabian to this great site. I am in the lesson 9, but i had a big stack on lesson 6 and at 7 it was much worse. I overtaked it and lesson 8 was better. My biggest problem is to write down the right character. I combine study online with writting, and listening practice MP3 files of actual lesson on my mobile phone during another activity (cleaning, taking care about childern). I hope we can learn CW both. I wish u good luck.
73,Milos

Posted: 2009-03-07 09:19
Hi Yury,

I´ve learnd the CW-code like this:

1. listening on the amateur-bands and trying to understand as much as possible. Excellent are contests or CW-net´s.

2. Read "advertisements" on the way to school or job and translate into CW mentaly (in your head).
You get used to that...I still do it after nearly 30 years CW :-)
But dont crump your teeth on public places, it disturbs other beings...

All the best from Fritz HB9CSA,DL4FDM

Back to the Forum

You must be logged in to post a message.